The EUREF-Campus Düsseldorf is growing – and progress is also being made on the EUREF Talent Campus in Düsseldorf. The Hochschule Düsseldorf (HSD) University of Applied Sciences and the universities of the UA Ruhr – the Technical University of Dortmund, the Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Duisburg-Essen – will offer customised degree programmes for the talents of tomorrow, who are so urgently needed for the success of the energy and mobility transition, at the new future location in North Rhine-Westphalia.
On 26 November, representatives of the participating universities and companies met at a workshop at the RUB Academy at the invitation of Dr Yves Gensterblum, Managing Director of the sponsoring institution and responsible for setting up the EUREF study programmes.
The structure and course content of the degree programmes were presented by the academic directors and discussed in direct dialogue with the business community. The company representatives, who had communicated their requirements in advance, were enthusiastic about the current status of the concept and provided valuable feedback. It was a great pleasure to hear that renowned academics could be found as Academic Directors for all degree programmes, including:
- Prof. Dr. Martin Faulstich (Technische Universität Dortmund, Resource and Energy Systems)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Loeschel (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Environmental and resource economics and sustainability)
- Prof. Dr. Franziska Schaube (Hochschule Düsseldorf, Sustainable energy management)
- Prof. Dr. Ellen Enkel (Universität Duisburg-Essen, General Business Administration & Mobility)
- Prof. Dr. Markus König (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Civil and environmental engineering)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Ruess (Hochschule Düsseldorf, Mechanical and process engineering)
We are also pleased to announce that we are sticking to the schedule of starting in the winter semester 25/26. An ambitious goal that everyone is working towards with great commitment. This was evident at the workshop.
Afterwards, the participants took the opportunity to visit the “Makerspace”, which is part of the Transfer and Start-up Centre of the Ruhr University Academy and offers space for the realisation of ideas.
We look forward to continuing the productive exchange!